The easiest and best time to build an audience is before you need it. Too many organizations think that they don’t need an audience and that building one is not worth the time and effort. Unfortunately, it’s only after a misfortune, tragedy or a law suit, when it is too late, that they understand the value of a loyal audience.
Advantages to having a loyal audience:
- When you have good news, they like you more.
- When you have bad news, they hear your side first.
- You can respond to anything as quickly as it happens.
- Your audience cares about you and will rave about you to their friends.
- You become an additional source (and sometime a primary source) for media to get their information.